High-Level Political Forum (HLPF) 2018
Country: United States
The High-level Political Forum on Sustainable Development (HLPF) is the central platform within the United Nations system for the follow-up and review of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, adopted by Heads of State and Governments in September 2015. The 2030 Agenda is a new plan of action for people, planet and prosperity, with 17 SDGs and 169 associated targets at its core.
HLPF 2018, convened under the auspices of the Economic and Social Council will be held from Monday, 9 July, to Wednesday, 18 July 2018; including the three-day ministerial meeting of the forum from Monday, 16 July, to Wednesday, 18 July 2018.
The theme will be "Transformation towards sustainable and resilient societies". The set of goals to be reviewed in depth will be the following goals - including Goal 17. Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the Global Partnership for Sustainable Development - that will be considered each year:
- Goal 6. Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all
- Goal 7. Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all
- Goal 11. Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable
- Goal 12. Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns
- Goal 15. Protect, restore and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, sustainably manage forests, combat desertification, and halt and reverse land degradation and halt biodiversity loss
The working level roadmap of the Global Plan of Action for Energy in Situations of Displacement is planned for launch at HLPF 2018. See recent policy brief for more information. More information to come.