Manager, Monitoring, Impact, and Learning
Closing: Open until Filled
Type: Regular Full-time
The Manager, Monitoring, Impact, and Learning (MIL), Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves, will provide analytical, technical, and programmatic support to the Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves’ (Alliance) team in support of its overall mission to save lives, improve livelihoods, empower women, and combat climate change by creating a thriving global market for clean and efficient household cooking solutions. The Manager will conduct desk research, maintain analytics to track market health and resulting impacts, and support the maintenance, development and widespread application of impact assessment tools, including potential application for social impact investing, such as results based financing. The Manager will also be responsible for MIL-related learning and communication, including interpretation and translation of key data and results into accessible information for stakeholders.
The Manager, MIL will report to the Director, Technology, Fuels, and Environmental Impacts. S/he also works closely with other Alliance team members to ensure strong linkages between MIL and market development activities.
Monitoring Alliance Progress and Market Health (40%)
- Manage annual voluntary partner results reporting process, including outreach to country market managers, major enterprises, and leading implementing agencies
- Develop and maintain key analytics to track routine prog.ress on global and local market health for clean cooking sector.
- Maintain active collaboration with key partners engaged in monitoring progress on uptake and sustained use of clean cooking (World Bank, SEFA, and WHO), including support for top-down tracking of cooking energy indicators to ensure harmonization of cooking energy indicators and bottom up efforts through work with relevant stakeholders in focus countries to ensure integration of key household energy indicators within routinely collected survey instruments.
- Provide M&E technical support for proposal development and grant reporting, including needs assessments, development of logframes and key project performance indicators.
- Provide analytic support needed for routine reporting on impact, output, outcome and program management indicators.
- Provide input on design and implementation of baseline studies, as well as mid- and end-line evaluations
Manage M&E consultants and contractors as required.
Impact Assessment (40%)
- Assist in the development/refinement, integration, and maintenance of key impact assessment tools and methodologies, especially those used for results-based financing.
- Develop and maintain key analytics and performance indicators to track routine progress on benefits of clean cooking adoption and sustained use.
- Coordinate efforts to facilitate expanded application of impact assessment tools to unlock sector financing, including social impact investments and results based financing.
Knowledge Management, Learning, and Communication (20%)
- Coordinate regular dissemination of M&E results and sector progress to Secretariat, partners, national alliances, and broader audiences via multiple media, including development and update of content for reports, blogs, and website.
- Maintain system for tracking progress of Alliance-funded projects and grantees using standardized set of indicators and measures.
- Coordinate regular dissemination of research results and sector progress to Secretariat, partners, national alliances, and broader audiences via multiple channels and media, including development and update of content for reports, webinars, presentations, blogs, and website.
- Master’s degree or higher, including at least 5 to 7 years of relevant research and/or work experience.
Proven project management skills, including the ability to move projects forward from inception to implementation to completion with adherence to deadlines;
- Demonstrated data management and analytical skills, including both qualitative and quantitative analysis of data
Good level of proficiency in Windows Excel and quantitative analysis
- Ability to design M&E tools, surveys, surveillance systems, and evaluations
- Strong communications skills (speaking, writing, editing, and listening); with attention to detail and broad strategy and experience communicating to different audiences
- Ability to follow instructions thoroughly while also providing a strategic and critical eye to identify and address additional gaps;
- Ability and experience in developing and maintaining effective working relationships with people, internally and externally, from a wide-variety of types of organizations, cultural backgrounds, and functional expertise;
- Willingness to travel, including internationally;
- Flexibility, openness to new challenges, and the ability to thrive as part of a highly functioning, fast-paced group of professionals and to prioritize competing demands;
- Self-starter with the desire for continuous learning and the ability to synthesize information and respond positively to constructive feedback;
- Ability to represent the organization with professionalism, diplomacy and self-confidence;
- Personal commitment to the Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves and United Nations Foundations missions;
- Demonstrated knowledge of global issues and the Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves and United Nations Foundations programs and goals.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stress
- Ability to meet regular attendance / tardiness policy
Benefits & Compensation
For full-time employees we offer an excellent range of benefits, including a choice of two health plans through CareFirst (PPO or HDHP). Dental insurance, vision discount plan, Life Insurance, Supplemental Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Long-Term Care Insurance, Health Club Discounts, Commuter Benefits, and Employee Assistance Program.
12 Paid holidays, 4 weeks of vacation, 10 sick days, 3 personal days and 8 weeks of parental leave (mother or father). Access to the UNFCU Credit Union, 150% match on our 403b retirement plan, Flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts and discounted Zipcar membership