Country Manager (Hargeisa)
Closing: Open until Filled
BURN designs, manufactures, and distributes aspirational fuel-efficient cooking products that save lives and forests in the developing world. BURN has revolutionized the global cookstove sector by proving the business case for selling a high quality, locally manufactured and unsubsidized cookstoves. Since 2013, BURN has sold 350,000 high-quality, locally manufactured and unsubsidized improved cookstoves in Africa. These stoves have helped 1,500,000+ beneficiaries save $45 million in fuel expenditures while reducing indoor air pollution by 65%. BURN currently sells ~12,000 stoves per month and intend to double sales by the end of 2017.
We are looking for a Country Manager to increase our sales in the Somali region, implement marketing campaigns, manage an office and local sales staff. This person needs to have sales and operations experience, multilingual, and familiar with local and western business practices.
- Strategy: With a team and the Director of Expansion, develop, execute, and refine the sales and marketing strategy for the DRC
- Business Development: Develop and manage new distribution partnerships, targeting wholesalers, retail, corporations/government institutions, and NGOs.
- Activations: Hire (or outsource), train, and manage an on-the-ground sales activation/promotion team
- Training: Train wholesalers and retailers on our products
- Warehousing: Responsible for managing inventory at our warehouse.
- Account Management: Manage existing distributor relationships / customer accounts and develops new ones.
- Marketing: Working with the DoE, VP of Sales and our VP of Marketing, develop innovative marketing campaigns to drive sales through our distribution channels
- Forecasting: Assist in sales forecasting; track the budget for country sales and marketing.
- Reporting: Produce monthly reports for the senior management team highlighting trends, marketing effectiveness, and opportunities for growth.
- New Product Development: Advise the product design team with respect to new product development and market needs and wants.
- Government Relations: Be the key on the ground person working with government when senior management is not in Hargeisa, with guidance and support from Director of Expansion.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- A local person, who is a natural sales person and understands marketing strategy
- Energetic, multi-tasker, passionate about helping people save money and the environment with our efficient modern charcoal stoves.
- Sales Experience
- Managerial experience and ability to manage a small team of promoters
- Operations experience and ability manage an office, inventory, and legal paperwork.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Fluency in English and Somali.
- High level of comfort working with wholesale business clients.
- Enthusiasm, creativity, and a desire to ‘sell for good’
- Experience developing new distribution channels, creating end-consumer demand.
Desired start date: February 1st, 2018
Salary is commensurate with experience